Are you concerned about viruses or phishing scams?
Do your employees know how to spot a suspicious email?
Do you know who to call for help and IT support in Ann Arbor when security is a concern?
Scamming is big business
Hackers, scammers, and criminals never tire of finding new ways to obtain personal information like passwords and account numbers. They use fear and exploit security weaknesses, targeting both individuals and businesses to reach their objective: profiting from your mistakes.
That’s why, in your business, security must be everybody’s business.
Viruses and other malware can be used to attack your network, but the most successful attacks will often focus on tricking your network users. Exploiting the trust and good will of your clients and employees can be very lucrative. Remember the Nigerian Prince email scam? That old, poorly written email may seem obvious now, but the scammers have learned from their mistakes. Scams are becoming more sophisticated, including realistic looking logos and email addresses. And they’re not slowing down. The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) recorded nearly 1300 complaints every day in 2019. That’s why quality IT support for your Ann Arbor area business is essential. Don’t let your company be next!
What can you do to protect your company?
Criminals may be more sophisticated these days, but there are still some simple steps you can take to protect yourself and your company:
- Install and correctly use a trusted antivirus software.
- Keep all your computers and other devices up-to-date with security patches.
- Train your employees to recognize scams. Make sure your entire team is aware of common security risks and what to do if they spot one.
- Require the use of strong, unique passwords.
- Know where your data is saved, and make sure it is backed up. Make sure your backups are monitored, rotated, and tested.
- Establish internet use guidelines and training.
- Contact Network Services Group and ask about network and computer security services.
At Network Services Group, we work with small businesses to make their experience with technology both positive and productive. We take care of their security so they can focus on what they do best – running their business!
We will keep your servers and workstations up to date, verify backups, scan for viruses and malware, and check system health. Our formula for success is knowing what to look for, getting it done, and effectively communicating the results.
Imagine how relieved you’ll feel when you know that your network and computers are secure, and your computers and backups are working optimally. When your Ann Arbor area business has IT support from Network Services Group, you can rest easy knowing your data is protected.
Be aware. Be suspicious. Be vigilant. Your business depends on it.