Equifax Data Breach!
I’m sure you’ve seen or heard about it. It was all over the news. Equifax, one of the 3 main credit score reporting agencies, had a massive data breach (143 million people were affected), and your information could have been exposed.
Are you wondering how you can stay protected?
Are you worried your personal information is at risk?
Are you wondering how you can check to see if your information was hacked?
At Network Services Group, we want to keep your information safe and protected. We realize the ramifications if you lose your data. If you’re worried you could be the victim of the next credit hack, here are some steps you can take to ensure it doesn’t happen to you:
1) Enroll in their free credit protection service: https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/
2) Check your credit score: https://www.annualcreditreport.com
3) Check your bank and brokerage accounts for unusual activity.
4) Keep an eye out for strange and unexpected things in the mail (e.g. someone might use your information to sign up for a new credit card or bank account).
5) Consider freezing your credit report data.
Don’t be a victim. Choose to be proactive and learn what you can do to prevent this from happening to your business and personal files.
Contact Network Services Group to talk to a computer support specialist who services Ann Arbor and the surrounding areas of Brighton, Novi and Livingston, Oakland, and Washtenaw counties. At Network Services Group, we can help you get back on track. Need to restore a back-up? Need help running a scan on an infected machine? We’re your guys to get the job done right the first time!
Imagine hiring technical support, but they only do half the job. Your personal information could still be at risk. Get the job done right today by calling a computer support specialist at our Ann Arbor office.