5 Common Mistakes When Setting Up Business Network Support Systems
Is your business network safe?
Are your files secure?
Are your customers’ information protected?
Do you need tech support for your business?
We understand the frustrations of running a business and what it takes to be successful. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of common mistakes people make when setting up their business network, so you can try to minimize your chance for error.
Don’t make these mistakes:
- Poor backup strategy – Always ensure your data is protected and backed up. You never know when data will be lost. Make sure you can recover it when it does happen!
- Exposure to viruses and ransomware – Viruses continue to be a major threat to business networks and home computers. According to BBC reports, “unprotected PCs become infected within eight seconds of being connected to the Internet.
- Spam email countermeasures - Spam takes a toll on an organization's servers and workstations, which often must dedicate processor cycles, disk space, and backup media to untold gigabytes of unwanted mail. Make sure you are filtering out spam by implementing spam protection and filtering software.
- No battery backups- Are you prepared for a power outage? Power outages can damage extensive electronic components and result in critical data loss. Battery backups can ensure you keep working even if the power goes out ensuring your information is kept safe.
- Using old software – If you want to cut costs, this isn’t the place to do it. Worse, older and obsolete hardware is less efficient, increases downtime likelihood, feeds staff and customer frustration, endangers sales, and threatens other lost opportunities.
At Network Services Group, LLC. we want to see you succeed! We understand that if something isn’t working right or is causing you frustration, then we aren’t doing our job. We strive to make your experience with computers a positive and productive one.
Local, Friendly, Tech Support. Ann Arbor and Surrounding Areas.
Network Services Group, located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, offers computer and network service and tech support to Ann Arbor, Brighton, Novi and all other cities in Livingston, Oakland, and Washtenaw counties. Call today to get started! (877) 815-6974